Brian P Cleary is a prolific author who has written many books, including the titles below that are perfect for practicing different phonics patterns. Follow the sequence for teaching reading to introduce these.
- Short u – “The Bug in the Jug Wants a Hug” by Brian Cleary
- Silent e – “Nice Mice in the Rice” by Brian P Cleary
- Vowel Teams: AI – “The Frail Snail on the Trail” & EA “The Peaches on the Beaches”
- Digraphs: “Whose Shoes Would You Choose?,” “The Thing on the Wing Can Sing,” and “Spring in the Kingdom of Ying”
- Diphthongs: “Whose Shoes Would You Choose?” and “The Clown in the Gown Drives the Car with the Star”
Check out his website at www.brianpcleary.com.